CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Marshall and I have been married for 7 years! We have a daughter named Libby. We dream of traveling, retireing early and adopting. We can't have anymore children, somedays that makes me sad. But I know there are ways around it. So that is where this story begins. In january of 2010 we found out that having anymore children of our own, was out of the question. So we prayed and prayed, and decided that adoption was the next step in life. We have been so blessed with the roller coaster that it has provided, and hope that the ride continues to be all we hoped it would be.







How to contact us

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Wedding

Marshall and I were married on May 10, 2005. It was a Tuesday. We didn’t want to make a long day of our wedding day so we opted to get married on a Tuesday and then have our reception on Saturday.

We were married in the morning at the Mount Timpanogas Temple. It was a cold and rainy day. I was grateful that when I arrived at the temple Marshall was there. I was worried he would change his mind and not come. Silly, I know. We had a wonderful ceremony. Neither of us remembers much about it. I am glad that when I go to the temple we can participate in sealing’s. The sealer always talks about how similar the words are to when you are married. Reminders are everywhere and I am glad. We finished in the temple and then took pictures. It cleared up just long enough to take pictures and then started to rain when we were done. We had our luncheon at a Marshall’s sister’s church in American Fork. We had all our friends and family there. We ate and then we left for our honeymoon.

We planned to stay close to home (even then we were too cheap- or you could say frugal your choice, to go too far). We stayed in SLC at a really nice place my uncle got as a wedding gift for us. It was across from temple square. So we ate at the Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial building, and toured temple square ( let me say awkward, when every set of missionaries on temple square, stop and ask you what you are doing in SLC and you have to answer them). After that we headed south to Manti. We stayed at a nice Bed and Breakfast with a nice 80 year old couple who ran it. So awkward. Well we didn’t take Marshalls 4-wheeler and we should have. We ended up going to his families’ mountain property to go see the beautiful views. I had only seen it in the snow. Well it had been raining for a week and it was muddy. But we made it all the way to the property. Once we got there we got stuck in the mud. I just wanted to laugh. We were stuck on a mountain, 2 hours from home, our cell phones didn’t get service, our trucks wheels were 5 inches deep in mud and Marshall was getting mad. Our options were to 1. Walk down the mountain and call his dad to come pull us out or 2. Find branches, anything dry to make a path out if the mud (I had seen it on Swiss family Robinson and I hoped it would work). We did not want to be the couple that had to call their parents on their honeymoon. So we found sticks and branches and rocks and anything we could to put under the tires. I don’t know how to drive a stick shift so I pushed the truck while Marshall drove. Well good news we got out without having to call our parents. We were really muddy and felt bad going back into the bed and breakfast caked in mud to our knees. But we got over that. We headed home on Saturday morning for the reception.

I was glad we had the break; it made it more enjoyable of an evening. Our reception was held in my parent’s back yard. I wanted something simple and somewhat casual. We only had our parents in the line. We had a family friend make a cake for us (the only part edible was the top that we cut into). My mom did the flowers I had a bouquet of white and pink roses( she did used to do flowers a long time ago). We had strawberry short cake as our refreshments. The part of the memory Marshall remembers best is, how much whipped cream we ended up having as leftovers. You would think that it would be easy math to figure out how much whipped cream we would need ½ cup for each slice of cake. Well we were over 49 extra large tubs of whipped cream. No cake just the topping. To this day I still over estimate and it’s our family joke. I think it’s better to have too much than not enough.

We did enjoy our reception and being able to see all our family and friends was really nice. While looking through pictures we laughed because we don't remember too much but boy we both look thinner and younger and in Marshall's case more hair.  We know that the older we get the more our memory will change and different things come back to you. But the nice thing is that we have pictures to remember all the wonderful things.  Having the temple in our lives is our constant reminder that our family will be Together Forever. That is the biggest memory I have of our wedding day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment