CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Marshall and I have been married for 7 years! We have a daughter named Libby. We dream of traveling, retireing early and adopting. We can't have anymore children, somedays that makes me sad. But I know there are ways around it. So that is where this story begins. In january of 2010 we found out that having anymore children of our own, was out of the question. So we prayed and prayed, and decided that adoption was the next step in life. We have been so blessed with the roller coaster that it has provided, and hope that the ride continues to be all we hoped it would be.







How to contact us

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brittanys version of how we met and got engaged

This is the story of how Marshall and I met, and got engaged.


Our story starts with my friend getting me a job at a car dealership as an evening receptionist. I was grateful for the job, I was living on my own and was trying my best to meet nice guys and have fun. Each day I would come to work and have to clock in so I would go through the service drive of the car dealership. Marshall and his brother both worked there. All the people in the drive would help me and were very nice. After a few months my friend got a promotion and that meant I got a promotion to the day shift receptionist. This was wonderful. I had regular hours and I could now socialize.

My interactions with Marshall became more frequent and I really thought he was good looking. I made sure that I looked nice everyday. I made efforts to stop in and say “hi”. It was some time at the beginning of January. Marshall had a customer that had an issue and had to talk with a manager about it. I spied him across the room most of the day as he came in and out. Well that night I went back to my apartment and told my roommates that I thought he was so cute. I really wanted to date him, but I was not going to make the first move. I had already done that with all the other people I had been on dates with, and that didn’t work out to well for me. The next day at lunch I received a phone call. The person on the other end asked if I knew who this was. (please don’t ever ask receptionist if they know who is calling I had no clue and I guessed, so dumb) when he explained that it was Marshall from service, I was so excited I was glad I was sitting down, I might have fallen. He asked me if he could take me out for the evening to dinner and games. I said ”YES”.

Around that time I had been having a hard time going on dates with guys. I felt uncomfortable and usually cancelled 1 hour before the date because of fear. Well work ended up lasting longer than usual, my replacement came really late. I did not have enough time to get scared and nervous just enough to get ready before he would show up. When I walked in the door from work to get ready, my roommates were there, I told them that Marshall had asked me out on a date. They about fell off their chairs because only the night before I had told them I liked him. We ate at ottavio’s in Provo, an expensive place, I ordered baked ziti and didn’t eat much because we spent the entire evening talking. It was the best first date I had ever had. I fell hard and fast. We did not go out the next night, his family was having a birthday dinner for his mom. But every night after that except Sundays we spent together.


We did not want to tell anyone at work that we were dating we did not want any pressure of being pushed. We tried to be very secretive about it. We would talk on the phone, and he would hang out after work. I usually made dinner for him every night. He loved my food. We talked about everything and anything. I liked having someone who cared. He helped me jump my car one morning (that was a tough one to try to keep secret). We talked about getting married after 3 weeks. We got engaged on Valentine’s weekend. We had spent the entire day together we had gone and gotten massages at the massage school, after which he dropped me off at my place to get ready for dinner. Well when he came back to pick me up he was a little quiet which at that time was unusual. When we got to his apt, it was empty, but there were rose petals leading to the kitchen. I thought what a nice valentines dinner. We ate CafĂ© Rio salad and listened to an album by Sam Cooke. He asked me to dance; this so far was one of the only times he has danced with me. The song “cupid” came on and he got on 1 knee and proposed. I was shocked, speechless and excited. He got me a ring that was beautiful just what I had been dreaming about. We were so happy. We went and showed off our engagement ring to both our parents. The best part was showing up to work Monday morning. To see the look on everyone’s faces when we told them we were getting married. We had several people not believe us. I am grateful that Marshall called me, and asked me out. My life is better because he is part of it.

after thought, I was looking at the photos I had scrapbooked and realized how young we look.  Funny enough I was 22 almost 23 and Marshall had just turned 22.  Boy we look young, thin, and naive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment