CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Marshall and I have been married for 7 years! We have a daughter named Libby. We dream of traveling, retireing early and adopting. We can't have anymore children, somedays that makes me sad. But I know there are ways around it. So that is where this story begins. In january of 2010 we found out that having anymore children of our own, was out of the question. So we prayed and prayed, and decided that adoption was the next step in life. We have been so blessed with the roller coaster that it has provided, and hope that the ride continues to be all we hoped it would be.







How to contact us

Thursday, January 20, 2011

the long and the short of Marshall

Finally done! I really, really, wish that I had never stopped going to school in the first place. To finish school after we already had a house, Libby, and a lifestyle that we didn't want to give up was very difficult to say the least! I wish that we would have just settled for the "poor college student" stage of life and done it when we first got married, instead of doing it all backwards. We bought cars, a four wheeler, a house, camp trailer, and really were not too smart with our money. Then when Libby came and we already had the house, working part time to focus on school was not an option. So it is great to finally be done, I feel too old to just be finishing up. If I had started right after my mission and never stopped then I could have my Master's already instead of just starting.

Everyone asks that since I majored in psychology if I have everyone "figured out" or know what's wrong with people, and I have no idea. I am a little disappointed in the degree that I have because I feel that I don't know that much more than I did two years ago. However, the critical thinking and problem solving skills that I picked up on the way are what will make the difference. And the determination to finish. I feel like finishing school is my biggest accomplishment and what I have worked hardest for.

In the next two weeks I hope to be accepted by Villanova University to be in their Masters of Human Resource Development Program. It will take two more years, but it will be a lot more laid back than the last two years we have had. Classes are only one night a week for 2 hours, over the internet. It is a live class that the students can still participate in thru microphones and chat. Each class will be 8 weeks long. But it will cost a fortune so we will have to take our first student loans, which is a bummer. Thankfully USSynthetic is the bomb and will cover 50% of the tuition costs. With that degree I hope that with the growth at USSynthetic that there will be availability in the HR department as well. They are just starting construction on a building that will be done in the next two years and will require a lot more people to be employed to use it.
 
It has been great the last month since finishing school to actually be able to come home at night, see Britt, play with Libby, actually use my Xbox, and watch Jazz games on the day they actually played! I have also been able to play basketball twice a week, and workout daily. It is great and I am trying to take advantage of it before I start school again in March. I am on my third week of P90X and have lost nearly 10 pounds already.

I am really looking forward to this summer of being able to actually go play in the evenings and weekends and have a life again, I think that is when not having school full time will really hit me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment