CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Marshall and I have been married for 7 years! We have a daughter named Libby. We dream of traveling, retireing early and adopting. We can't have anymore children, somedays that makes me sad. But I know there are ways around it. So that is where this story begins. In january of 2010 we found out that having anymore children of our own, was out of the question. So we prayed and prayed, and decided that adoption was the next step in life. We have been so blessed with the roller coaster that it has provided, and hope that the ride continues to be all we hoped it would be.







How to contact us

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our third year.

Marshall and I had an eventful third year. We bought a house. We were so excited it is the perfect little starter home. Marshall’s employer added on to the building and he moved to day shift. I was so excited. We lost money because of the shift differential, but I had been offered a position with a different company and my employer matched what I would be making to keep me, so the Lord blessed us monetarily to be able to make ends meet. My brother and his wife had their first baby Izaiah.

Before Marshall and I got married he informed me that he would be playing in several various sporting groups. He played basketball 2 nights a week he played football on Saturday morning and in the fall he played in a flag football league. Well I really was glad he had something to keep him active. Marshall and all his friends’ flag football team won the Green and White tournament a Payson single elimination tournament. They also have played for 6 years in just city league football and have won 5 of those championships. It is fun to see a bunch of 26-35 year olds still think they are 19- 22. It makes me glad that he is and always will be active. I know that it is important to him and I hope to have that attitude rub off on our children.

In January of 2008 I found out I was pregnant. That was a surprise for me. I did not think it was ever going to be a possibility and was shocked literally. This is how we spent our 3rd anniversary, we went and had an ultra sound Marshall thought for sure we were having a boy…we had a girl. He asked the Dr. As you sure and he said “I have been doing this for 30 years and have never been wrong”. So, shocked we left the office to have breakfast with friends, and then off to spend the day shopping and I don’t remember what else. We had invited our parents to dinner at a great restaurant the art city trolley and said surprise it’s a girl. Both our parents were very excited.  (sorry I have 0 pictures of me prego,  I did not want any memories of how big I was)

Life changed after we got pregnant. I was really sick and it was a really rough pregnancy. I was excited to be able to be a mom. I was however worried about how my body would handle the pregnancy. Looking back, I know that the Lord blesses us in lots of different areas in our life. This was one area that I know I needed his help in the most. I was scared and nervous. I wanted to be a mom, but I did not want to be pregnant. I still have those same feelings but now I can better understand them. Libby was meant for our family. She had been a blessing and a great adventure. I am glad that we had her and even more grateful that Marshall has been by my side to share the joy, the sadness, the heartache, and the smiles. I am grateful that we are an eternal family; I could never imagine not being able to have my family forever. I guess my life from that point I has been one big leap of faith, or maybe a million baby steps of faith. Because each day I learn and grow.

I look at this picture and I always get choked up.  Knowing
how much Love we have for our daughter. 
Only makes our choices as parents that much
harder and often time so important.


0 comments:

Post a Comment