CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Marshall and I have been married for 7 years! We have a daughter named Libby. We dream of traveling, retireing early and adopting. We can't have anymore children, somedays that makes me sad. But I know there are ways around it. So that is where this story begins. In january of 2010 we found out that having anymore children of our own, was out of the question. So we prayed and prayed, and decided that adoption was the next step in life. We have been so blessed with the roller coaster that it has provided, and hope that the ride continues to be all we hoped it would be.







How to contact us

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Year Four

I am finding that my memory isn’t all that I thought it was. Life seems to be all meshed together and I can remember what happened last year to what happened this year. So do the best I can I am going to piece together what I remember.


We had a child that we were excited about and we had talked about having more children. I put it off that year because I just wasn’t ready to be a mom of two. I am glad that I did. I loved spending time with my daughter Libby. I tried to do all the things a good mom should. But like any mom I know I could have done more. I was tired and exhausted that year and we were trying to figure it our working with my family doctor to see what vitamin concoction would give me more energy. I started blogging towards the beginning of our 4th year, but all my posts are about our daughter, because who wants to know about me. I am learning that life needs to be remembered even if I make my blogs more of a journal than anything.

That year I took a photography class though the school district, "community classes". I was so excited to be able to take time for myself; I did not do much after I had a baby. Life got hard and busy, something I wasn’t expecting. I loved the class I learned how to take photos. The teacher said "what makes a photographer is how many more pictures are taken and thrown away".  I had to laugh at that because it’s true I delete the horrible pictures and keep the "ok" ones but photographers just take a whole lot more and has a much bigger trash pile.

I think Libby is cute, But moms are prejudice. Everyone told me she was a doll so… I thought I would put her in a baby contest for fiesta days. I found a little flower girl dress and dressed her up as the "little miss" pageant winner. She refused to smile or interact with the judges so I did not think she would win. To my surprise, She Won first prize in her age group. She got a medal and her picture in the paper.  I was a proud mom!

That year Marshall talked me into getting him a motorcycle (against by better judgment). He found a cheap one that he could use as a commuter since his truck was a gas hog. He had a helmet, gloves, jacket, and all that he needed to ride.  He loved that bike but it was unpredictable. We had it in the shop more often the on the road.  By the next year we sold it. It was a short lived experience.

I worked after I had Libby. It was really hard to leave her but Marshall was home the days I had to work "in office". It was really nice that they had time together. I know now it is really important to Libby to see Marshall.  Now even if it is only 30-60 min a day, but time for a walk together or reading a book means the world to her and I can always use the break.

Marshall also was going to school during this point in our marriage. He was also working full time.  After laking with him today we realized that we did not have much of a life at this point it was; work, school, sleep and repeat.  So we decided that if we went straight through the summers we would be able to be done early and be able to start and maybe finish his master’s degree before he turned 30.  We also wanted to have a life together again, so not seeing each other, and working and sleeping random hours was something we were willing to live with for 2 years. So we started on a long proceed and looking back it was a rough 2 years but in the end I am glad we did it. We had a goal and worked hard to obtain it.

Marshall and I have always tried to set goals.  School was one that was really important to us.  I know Marshall wants to be able to provide the best life for our family.  I am very grateful that he was willing to sacrifice his needs to fill Libby and my needs during those two years.  I know that there were days with little to no sleep.  working long hours and then studying and school.  but he always found sometime to make Libby and my day.  I am glad that he has the determination to succeed and work hard.  I truly love him for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment